What do I think about the issue of education?
(1) I believe that local schools should decide what they want to teach, and how they want to teach it! As long as they cover what is supposed to be covered in each grade level, they should not have to take marching orders from either the state or federal government on which textbooks to use, how to use them, and when to teach each chapter in the book.
(2) I believe that the bulk of educational funding should be given to local schools, because that is where the majority of teaching takes place.
(3) I believe that the good salaries should be given to those who directly work with students, like teachers, lunchroom workers, and janitorial staff, not some administrative bureaucrat whose connection to students is a distant one, at best.
(4) I believe in free speech and freedom of religion. Students should not be penalized for incorporating their beliefs into their work, as it is a part of who they are.
(5) WE LIVE IN AMERICA…OUR SCHOOLS SHOULD NEVER PENALIZE STUDENTS FOR WEARING THE AMERICAN FLAG OR HONORING OUR COUNTRY’S SOLDIERS OR OTHER HEROES, PAST OR PRESENT!
(6) No matter what state a parent lives in, they should have a right to teach their child at home, in a manner consistent with their beliefs.
(7) Parents should also have a choice of schools, and should be allowed to choose which school to enroll their child in. If that school happens to be a Christian or private school, then they should receive a no-strings-attached voucher to assist with the tuition.